No single research funder has the resources or expertise to address the complex factors and systems influencing health on their own. Therefore, a partnership of twelve funders including charities, UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) councils and the UK health and social care departments established the multimillion-pound UKPRP. For further details of the remit of each partner, please refer to the links below.
- British Heart Foundation
- Cancer Research UK
- Chief Scientist Office (Scottish Government Health and Social Care Directorates)
- Health and Social Care Research and Development (Welsh Government)
- Economic and Social Research Council
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Natural Environment Research Council
- National Institute for Health Research
- Public Health Agency (Northern Ireland)
- The Health Foundation
The MRC administers the initiative on behalf of the UKPRP funding partners.