Terms and conditions
Acceptance of terms and conditions
Access to and use of this site is provided by UKPRP subject to the following:
- Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions, which take effect on the date of your first use of the site.
- The UKPRP reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes
- Views and opinions of non-UKPRP groups or individuals that appear on the website do not necessarily reflect the views of the UKPRP.
- UKPRP does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes or services linked from or provided within this website.
- The UKPRP website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons contained therein are provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind.
- In no event will UKPRP or any of its member organisations accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or loss of use of this site.
- UKPRP does not warrant that the service continuity of this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, bugs or defects.
You may not use the website or any information it contains in any way that:
- disrupts the normal working of the website
- infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, other proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy in any way
- is illegal or otherwise unlawful
- has not been requested, including un-solicited bulk email or spamming
- is libellous, abusive, menacing or offensive or may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person
- is obscene, vulgar, pornographic or is otherwise against public policy
- facilitates the transmission of any virus or other material that could potentially damage the website, and any computers or internet services that are connected to it.
You must not attempt to interfere with the website or its workings. In particular, you must not try to break security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router, or any other device.
If we become aware of any violation of these terms, we reserve the right to take action to stop the violation. This may include removing information, suspending or removing a user, and providing relevant information to external bodies where required by law or regulation.
We have no obligation to monitor or censor any information that users store within, or transmit through, the website. We are not responsible for any injury, damage, or offence that results from such storage and transmission of information.
Links from this site to other internet sites are provided only for the convenience of visitors to the UKPRP website. The UKPRP and its members do not endorse the content or services delivered through these external websites and are not responsible for their availability, reliability or accuracy. Permission to reproduce information from these sites may be required from the website provider.
Accuracy of information
Neither the UKPRP nor its members will be liable for any losses or damage that may result from use of the website as a consequence of any inaccuracies in, or any omissions from, the information, which it may contain.
We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of inclusion. The information on this website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. However, the information may be out of date at the time of access by the visitor. We are not liable for any error or omission in, or any failure to update, the information on this site and any decisions based on the information are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
We reserve the right to make changes to this website at any time without notice.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that Term and Condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition include, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
The existence of a link from any organisation’s site to the UKPRP site does not imply that the UKPRP endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
We only link to websites (charity, business or otherwise) if they fulfil the following two conditions: the UKPRP has an existing partnership with the organisation and the link is relevant to the work of the UKPRP.
The names, images and logos identifying the UK Prevention Research Partnership, are subject to copyright. Copying of our logos and/or any other third-party logos accessed via this website is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner.
Requests for permission to use our logo should be directed to UKPRP@mrc.ukri.org
The majority of content on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Exceptions to this are:
- Images, which unless otherwise stated are from the iStock image library.
- Staff and member biographies.
- Any other content marked as copyright of a party other than the UKPRP.
Freedom of information
We aim to be as open as possible in informing others how we conduct our business through our publications, our website and face-to-face discussions. We are committed to openness, transparency good record-keeping and effective communication in our handling of requests for information.
All information will be made freely available unless there is a good reason not to do so, in line with relevant exemptions.
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations 2004 give you specific rights to obtain information about what we do and how we do
The Data Protection Act (1998) gives you the right to see personal information we hold about you
To make a request under the Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations
If you are interested in information on the research we support, this can be found in Gateway to Research.
If the information you are interested in cannot be accessed through our website you can make a request in writing. Full details are on the MRC website.