Directors of public health and their teams have had a unique viewpoint of the pandemic, leading local action and engaging their communities, while playing a central role in the country’s broader response.
The Health Foundation are holding a webinar ‘The future role of public health – lessons from COVID-19, ‘a year like no other’ on 12 October, 12-13.15, to explore how we can learn from their experiences to strengthen the recovery and the role of public health moving forward.
Drawing on findings from The King’s Fund’s recent report, which was supported by the Health Foundation, speakers will identify opportunities for public health teams to deepen community bonds and looking beyond the pandemic, fully embed their role within the new public health system.
- Professor Kevin Fenton, National Director for Health and Wellbeing, Public Health England
- Professor Jim McManus, Director of Public Health, Hertfordshire County Council and Interim President, the Association of Directors of Public Health
- Shilpa Ross, Policy Fellow, The King’s Fund
- Robin Tuddenham, Chief Executive, Calderdale Council and Accountable Officer, NHS Clinical Commissioning Group
- Chair: Katherine Merrifield, Assistant Director, Healthy Lives, the Health Foundation.